Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

iPads and Grandparents

The iPad has changed so much in so little time, the amount of people who are now using these devices to complete everyday tasks is astonishing. From surfing the Internet to following recipes, the amount of content now available in your hands is just breath taking to a lot of people, my grandad one of them...

My grandad was far from tech savvy, just the thought of operating a PC would turn him blue. He was too set in his ways, these ways being far from modern, thinking the only way to get what he wanted was from Newspapers, TV and Teletext!


The day I arrived at his house with my iPad in hand, was the day that changed everything. I showed him how simple it was to operate, the golf scores, videos of WW2 planes and Neil Diamond, these things were now all right in the palms of his hands... He was hooked!

Fast forward two months and I'm wandering through the city centre with him, in search of his own iPad. He brought it home and now he can't put it down!

My Nan is about to file for divorce, the dog is starving and that garden still needs doing... Ok well it isn't that drastic! But it just proves that there is a growing number of people open to new experiences and that their age should never be an obstacle.

If you are new to computing then I would highly recommend that you purchase an iPad. In my opinion there is no other device that is so easy to use, so widely used and above all you cannot put an age limit on fun, which is exactly what it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment