Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Mac Vs Windows

As I have mentioned I recently took the plunge and purchased my first iMac, before I publish my review on the machine I would like to discuss the common question which is 'Windows or Mac?'.

Before I decided to purchase the iMac I was torn between two machines, one being the iMac and the other a high end Windows gaming machine. Discussion after discussion with everyone I know always arrived at the same conclusion, "Get the Windows machine!". Apart from a hand full of people this is the response I always received.

Guess what? Of all the people who recommended the Windows machine, none of them had ever used an iMac or anything Remotely linked to OSX.


I was a happy Windows user for many years until I made the worst mistake of my life:

VISTA!

I started to look around at what other kind of Operating systems were available such as Linux and OSX. OSX and its superior look, feel and functionality won me over. One of the main reasons was the increased security of the OS as a whole. The increase in spyware, malware and viruses when using Windows is one of the main problems I have... that we all have! (ctrl + alt + del) I'm not saying that the OSX security is perfect, it's just a lot more superior.

The only downside in choosing the iMac was the downgrade in specs when compared to the Windows machine. I was hoping to do some serious PC gaming with it, the idea of running Battlefield 3 on high settings was looking good. Yet no matter how much my brother rubs it in, whilst sitting their with his six core gaming god of a PC, I'm still content with my PS3 and Dreamcast =).

In my eyes OSX is the best out of the two, but everyone is different and it won't be suited to all.

Please comment below and share your opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment